Many people addicted to opioids go through a revolving door from treatment to relapse and back to treatment, sometimes with a stop in jail along the way. Avoiding that cycle requires selection of the appropriate treatment. Experience has taught me that some people are appropriate candidates for buprenorphine treatment, and some are not. I strongly encourage people seeking treatment to review my criteria carefully and honestly. I do not want to waste your money on ineffective treatment. Below are the criteria for treatment in my program.
- Must live within 45 miles of Fond du Lac.
- No use of cocaine or methamphetamine in prior 12 months.
- No use of benzodiazepines (e.g. Xanax, Klonopin) unless current prescription.
- No active alcohol problems.
- No history of drug diversion (selling or trading drugs).
If admission labwork is positive for cocaine, amphetamines, or illicit benzodiazepines, treatment will not proceed, and fees paid will not be refunded. Be honest! The criteria are in place for YOUR benefit, to avoid wasting your time and money.